Varying with their character, players can choose to be different classes. Such as total 10 classes, 4 belonging to the Primary Classes, which can be chosen at Level 10. Those classes include Swordsman that deals physical damage, Hunter ranged class using bows, also Explorer deals powerful magical damage and has many bonuses on sailing, and Herbalist that weak in offense but can heal other players and give them temporary bonuses on their stats known as "buffing" in Runes of Magic.
Players can choose an advanced class(runes of magic gold) depending on the character and the basic class at Level 40. In the newest 2.0 version of the game, however, Phyllis could also be a Swordsman, and will be able to advance to be a crusader. These are six classes.
- Crusader: a popular class, is very agile and deals melee damage.
- Champion: high defense with high HP, dealing high melee damage.
- Sharpshooter: high ranged damage, uses fireguns.
- Voyager: magical damage, even more bonuses for their boats.
- Cleric: more healing and supportive power.
- Seal Master: similar to Cleric, but has more offense.